It’s Here! The Great American Read
The Great American Read is a PBS TV and online series designed to spark a national conversation about reading and the books that have inspired, moved, and shaped us. And you can pick up copies of those very books, right here at the Library!
- A poll selected 100 fiction titles. Audiences are encouraged to read the books, vote for their favorite and share their personal connections to the titles.
- The series premiered May 22nd with a two-hour presentation of the 100 titles, hosted by Meredith Viera. If you didn’t catch it first time around, stream it online at PBS.org.
- Voting has started – you can vote multiple times, once a day, for the same book or several books over time, but only one title a day.
- Click here to view the list and vote!
- The series picks up again in the fall. The 8 new episodes will feature appearances by celebrities, athletes, experts, authors, and everyday Americans advocating for their favorite book, culminating in the announcement of the winner during the October 2018 finale.
Follow The Great American Read on Facebook. Join the conversation using #GreatReadPBS.