Important Update: DeliverIT CT Book Delivery Service
The Connecticut State Library has announced a brief suspension of the deliverIT CT book delivery service in order to put new procedures in place. The suspension is effective June 19-July 17. This suspension will affect holds placed by patrons for items belonging to libraries other than Bethel, and will result in a long delay in returning materials to owning libraries.
Therefore we ask your cooperation with the following:
- Patrons are asked to borrow and return library materials directly from/to owning libraries.
- If possible, please do not return library materials to Bethel Library that DO NOT belong to the Bethel Library.
- After July 3, non-Bethel Library materials that are returned here will not be returned to the owning libraries until the delivery suspension has been lifted.
Beginning June 19th:
- Holds will not be placed against other libraries’ materials.
- Holds will be placed only for materials owned by Bethel Library.
- Holds will be placed for out of town patrons only if they are willing to pick up the items at the Bethel Library.
- Returns to other libraries will be processed for pick up through July 3.
- Patrons are strongly encouraged to return materials directly to the owning libraries, to avoid long delays in getting the materials back to the owning libraries.
Beginning July 3rd and continuing at least through July 17th:
NOTE: This timeframe might be longer.
- Items belonging to other libraries that are already at the Bethel Library will be picked up by deliverIT CT drivers the week of July 3rd.
- Nothing else will be delivered to the Bethel Library during the delivery suspension time.
- Returns to other libraries will be accepted during this time, to be delivered to the owning libraries after July 17th, or when the delivery suspension has been lifted.
- Patrons are strongly encouraged to return materials directly to the owning libraries, to avoid long delays in getting the materials back to the owning libraries for use by their patrons.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this transitional period.
–Bethel Library Staff