Arthur - The official site for Arthur and his friends featured in the popular books by Marc Brown.
Barney and Friends - Play games, watch video clips, print coloring pages and get craft ideas.
Build A Monster - This site, with hardly any text, teaches kids to use a mouse while creating a not so scary monster.
Children’s Storybooks On-line - Original stories with animated illustrations and simple descriptions young children will understand. Story titles include The Farm Animals and Buzzy Bee.
Crayola Coloring - play games, get craft ideas, send or print and color cards, learn color facts and do color experiments, get coloring and activity pages.
The World of Curious George - Have fun with everybody’s favorite curious monkey! The site features an on-line mini adventure for kids to follow.
Disney Junior - The official web site for all Disney activities. The Kids page features activities for kids to do such as coloring pages, games, etc. using various Disney Characters such as Winnie the Pooh, Mickey Mouse, etc. Elementary age children will also enjoy the activities found here.
IKnowThat.com - a fun learning website for kids from preschool to 6th grade. Have games and activities per grade level per subject with teacher’s guides too.
Lego Games - for the Lego lover. Play games and activities.
Mother Goose Rebus Rhymes - A site designed for children who are learning to read. Kids will enjoy picking out the words they can read in their favorite nursery rhymes.
PBS Kids - The starting place to find your favorite PBS shows on line, such as Mister Roger’s Neighborhood, Shining Time Station, Wimzie’s House and much, much more!
123 Sesame Street - contains games, online videos and activities for preschoolers. Every weekday there’s a new “playlist” for kids and parents to explore together.
Sesame Street Central - This site features the popular Sesame Street characters in simple online storybooks that are fun to read. It also contains lots of web pages especially designed to print out and color.
Seussville - The Seuss characters welcome kids to Seussville, Dr. Seuss’s playground in Cyberspace. You can play games, chat with The Cat in the Hat, and do much, much more!
Thomas the Tank Engine - Play games, print coloring pages, send ecards.
Treehouse TV - for the 6 and under child has games and activities, coloring pages, etc.
World Village’s Idea Box - This site is updated weekly and features both a site and idea of the week, along with news of interest to parents, teachers, and librarians. You can also find links to lots of printable learning, activity and coloring pages, as well as projects, games, and crafts.
- Presidents of the United States - background info, notable events, cabinet members and other points of interest.
- ZoomDinosaurs.com - An on-line book all about Dinosaurs that progresses from a basic level for young children to a more advanced level for the older student.
- Berenstain Bears Activities for Learning and Fun - includes coloring pages, print-and-cut dress-up bears with loads of clothes, interactive stories and quizzes.
- Jan Brett’s Activity Pages - hosted by author Jan Brett for children ages 4 – 8. Visit the Projects section for color-and-cut Hedgie and learn to make a sailor’s bracelet.
- Goosebumps - Goosebumps comes to life here on this site.
- Magic School Bus - Join wacky science teacher Ms. Frizzle, her students and playful sidekick, Liz, the lizard on educational field trips in her Magic School bus.
- American Girls - This is the official site for the popular book series. It includes activities for each favorite American Girl and also information on joining the club.
- Crayola Coloring - play games, get craft ideas, send or print and color cards, learn color facts and do color experiments, get coloring and activity pages.
- FBI Kid’s Page - Children from Kindergarten through 5th grade can learn about the FBI, get safety tips, learn about all the different kinds of working dogs they have, as well as play fun games.
- FunBrain.com - features interactive games such as Word Detective for make your own word search, Oddball and Math Baseball.
- Brain Teasers - This site features some of the best math and logic problems for kids on the web.
- Cyberkids - Play games and to read electronic magazines. Publish your writing and put your artwork on the web.
- IKnowThat.com - a fun learning website for kids from preschool to 6th grade. Have games and activities per grade level per subject with teacher’s guides too.
- Kids After School Clubhouse - Use the “Brain Teasers” area for research or fun; the “Fun Stuff” has sections like the hilarious “Wacky Web Tales.”
- Lego Games - for the Lego lover. Play games and activities.
- Official Beanie Babies Web Site - Find The List, with pictures and birthdays for your favorite current and retired babies. Be sure to check out “Fun and Games”.
How Stuff Works
- How Stuff Works. Com - is a place to learn how things work in the world around you.
- KidsClick! - comprised of nearly 1,800 records for Internet resources of interest to kids. Sections include: Science and Math, Weird and Mysterious, Machines and Transportation.
- Worm World - get all the dirt on worms and bugs from the “Yuckiest Site on the Internet” Includes “Gross/Cool Body”, and “Bug World”.
Science Websites for Kids
- Cells: Plants, Animals, Bacteria - Information on cells, plants, animals, and bacteria.
- Exploratorium: Museum of Science, Art and Human Perception website provides access to, and information about, science, nature, art, and technology.
- The Nine Planets for Kids - has information on the nine planets in a kid friendly way
- Kid’s Astronomy - explains all about our solar system clearly and colorfully
- “Ology” - is a creative science site run by the American Museum of Natural History with lots of information, activities and games.
- Space Place NASA - for elementary school age kids showing them that science and technology and learning about space are fun and understandable. Has games, facts and projects and much more.
- Weather Eye - for information and lessons on all kinds of weather
Science Projects & Homework Help
- IPL: Science Fair Project Resource Guide - From the Internet Public Library. Projects are arranged by grade. Click on the Virtual Science Fair to see how the project works. Includes information on how to do a science fair project through all the steps.
- Jason Project - Founded by Dr. Robert Ballard after his discovery of the Titanic. Participate in global explorations using interactive telecommunications.
- Bill Nye the Science Guy - Find experiments, puzzles, and quizzes; Science demo of the day, complete with instructions.
- Mister Roger’s Neighborhood - includes plan and play activities, coloring pages and a section on great children’s books.
- Nickelodeon - The #1 site on the “Top Ten”. Click on Nick at Night, TV Land and Nick Jr. as well as games such as Spy Test with Harriet the Spy and The Brady Bunch Game.
- PBS Kids - the home of all your favorite shows like Arthur, Wishbone, Carmen Santiago and Teletubbies.
Have your Bethel Library card handy when entering these sites. You will need to enter the numbers from the barcode on the back of your card.
GreatKidsCT is a web site for parents devoted to information on parenting, education, and health and safety. Resources available on this site are related to children from birth to eight.
CTparenting.com A service of the Department of Children and Families. Here you will have access to fully researched links that provide important parenting information.