Do you have materials to donate?
The Friends of the Library collects gently-used books, CDs, DVDs, records, and audiobooks on CD, as well as good condition vintage books. Materials that can fill gaps in the library’s collection will be considered for addition by the relevant departments. All other items in good condition will be made available for sale in The Book Cellar, the Friends of the Library bookstore located in the basement level of the library.
Due to our limited storage space, the Friends are not able to accept the following:
- periodicals (magazines, newspapers, etc.)
- foreign language,
- VHS tapes
- music cassettes or books on cassette
- fiction & nonfiction older than 15-20 years old (except for vintage in good condition)
- cookbooks & paperbacks older than 5-10 years
- any items that are not in a clean, salable condition
Please call ahead if you have donations of more than 5 boxes.
The Friends accept donations anytime The Book Cellar is open or at other times by arrangement. Pick-ups are available for larger donations or for those with special needs. Contact the Friends of the Library at (203) 794-8756 x 8 or by Email if you need to arrange a pick-up.
Interested in volunteering at The Book Cellar? Send us an e-mail.